Friday, October 14, 2011

Week 1 III: "You don't want to wear a red shirt..."


Welcome to the Bald Spot revival! To celebrate, I brought in a new artist, the very talented vieographer/photog Paul Brooks. The truth is I didn't have some grand  renaissance planned, Paul and I simply were drunk one night, I let him shave half my head, and then he wanted to draw on it. In the end thou I think it all worked out.

So this week, I am donning the Star Trek symbol. Paul said it was very important I point out it is on a red shirt and "you're gonna die!" (direct quote via email) Apparently in fiction "redshirt" refers to a stock character who will soon die. This originated from Star Trek fans because the Starfleet security officers wore red shirts and died frequently.

I'm sure I've pissed off a Trekki out there with my explanation and someone will probably correct me. Hopefully my one follower is not a die hard fan.

Thank you Paul and I am sure you will all see more of his work here in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment