Friday, October 21, 2011

Week 2 III: Flash Gordon


This week we introduce yet another new artist, Julian aka Jewelz. The sketches he showed me previous to creating this masterpiece all involved superheroes and 8 bit Nintendo images. This speaks highly to my interest as currently I find myself indulging more and more into the comic book realm. Yes there are a few of you out there who think because I am not collegiately versed in every comic ever created, I should therefore not have a voice in the matter. Since this is my blog, piss off haters!

Anyways, back to the context at hand, Julian chose the Flash Gordon symbol for his Bald Spot debut. Unable to find a white Sharpie, he improvised a bit with the red. For those of you unfamiliar with Flash Gordon, he was a science fiction hero originally drawn by Alex Raymond in 1934. The symbol is highly recognizable even if you are unfamiliar with the comic and Shaquille O'neal popularized the icon when he gave Dwyane Wade the pet name "Flash" during their time together playing for the Heat.


No comments:

Post a Comment